We left Glascow at 8:00 today and are heading up to the Isle of Skye. Known as Isle of Mist. Apparently there is usually a mist over the hills We head up north and then west. We have entered the highlands Not what I had pictured in my mind which was sharp jagged rocks, lttle growth, basically inhabitable. Yes there are parts like the but more expanses of green grass tons of waterfalls and lakes. The highlands were where a lot of the clan tribes lived. A quick stop at Loch Lommond and discussion of what the well know lyrics really meant. We opted for the boat ride since the option was to wait for the others to complete the 1 hour trip.
The weather this morning is partly rainy partly gray. Every morning I set my hair and by 1 hour after we leave it is straight. I thought i packed my scrunchie but I haven’t found them yet. So i guess I will just have straight hair. Seems like hours in the bus. Next stop is Fort William and Elean Donan castle. On tour we get enough stops for food and bathroom breaks but not quite enough time to shop. I could have spent another 45 minutes in Fort William The weather today has been perfect. Our guide has mentioned that he hasn’t seen a clearer day in the last 3 trips. Although it is windy but Scotland is not experiencing the same heat at England and Europe
We will spend the night on the Isle of Skye and have a tour of the Isle tomorrow morning. Hoping the weather will hold . The hotel is an old hotel dinner is provided by the hotel tonight. This hotel is old the rooms are small and there is only a double bed. It has been a challenge living out of our suitcase.
No comments:
Post a Comment