Today is the last day of the tour. We start out on the bus and finish about 11 o’clock. Complete exploration of the castle until 2:30 and tour to Rosalyn Castle or stay in the city until dinner at 5:00pm.
It is intermittent showers for castle exploration. On our way to the see the Crown Jewels of Scotland. I of course miss the last step on the winding stairway in the dark. Basically okay mostly just jammed my finger, held up the line etc.. at least I wont have to see these people again…
We missed Rosolyn Chapel continued exploring went into the art museum which is a perfect option for rainy wet weather. Dinner with the group and several people would have been proud of me for not opening my mouth when 3 others at my table were discussing how “wonderful” RFK was doing as secretary of health….
We are back to the hotel to pack, for our final 5 nights we will change hotels and explore on our own.
So my thoughts about the trip. It is much nicer to have someone explain the history and get you where you are to go. Driving any of these roads would have been a nightmare. I thought it interesting in hotels in the UK they always leave cookies with the tea/coffee service in your room. I felt the rooms were okay and in the 2 small towns the rooms were the least comfortable and so small you couldn’t get by the bed and wall. The organization of getting keys was well handled no need for each person to fumble with ID and Passport. The people on the tour were okay. No one was obnoxious, everyone was on time and the baggage handling was great. Bags were out 1 hour before leaving so bags were out and you had time for breakfast before leaving. Dan had the biggest problem with not knowing the schedule until the tour director sent and email about 8-9pm the night before. This was also an issue for several people in our group.
Would I do another tour mostly likely although I now know what to expect.
No comments:
Post a Comment