I have been blogging usually one day after our day spent. I will try and blog real time. Leaving Londonderry we head north through the town of Portrush which is known for its golf course built on sand dunes along the coast and a street type motorcycle race with speeds up to 250mph.
Heading up to the Giants Causeway not many steps today as it started to rain so besides being wet it is slippery So we opted for the 2 euro shuttle bus. Giant’s Causeway thrives on the folktale of 2 giants having a fight and through deception the causeway is formed when one giant tetreats and breaks apart the rocks. It is actually a lava formation from a million or so years ago leaving over 40000 perfectly for pentagon columns. This is a UNESCO world heritage site and they allow people to climb all over the columns and rocks.
The next stop is The Titanic Experience. This is a massive immersive highlighting what Belfast was like, showed details of the building and even showed some of the footage of the exploration. Discussed some of the passengers and the final numbers of those that perished. At this juncture I have to admit I walked through all 6 floors of the museum but really didn’t appreciate it as I contracted a GI bug which seems to have resolved after about 24 hours so this post has been delayed. On a positive note Dan throughly enjoyed it although he was a little disappointed he could play with all the interactive displays since their were a ton of children since it is a bank holiday today.
The other down note we couldn’t go into Belfast and participate in the Irish festival with 100,000 or our new friends. I wasnt up to it and went to bed early. Not to worry I am sure we will have plenty to see with our extra days in Edinburgh andvthe fringe festival next week
No comments:
Post a Comment